Standard project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund / Standardni projekt sofinancira Evropski sklad za regionalni razvoj
CROSS-BORDER PLATFORM FOR EFFICIENT MANAGEMENT OF BIOBANKS
PROJECT SUMMARY AXIS 4 11 CTE
The biobank is a collection of biological material and associated data used for research and clinical purposes. The setting up of harmonized and shared biobanks that comply with the national and EU legislation and ethical standards represents the current challenge in the program area. Indeed, the absence of harmonization hinders the management and exchange of biological samples necessary for standardized and high quality research. The project will promote the development of a common biobank model with integrated cross-border management and supported by local authorities.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
The main objective of the project is the establishment of an inter-institutional collaboration between public authorities and key stakeholders in the health care field for the creation of joint solutions for a harmonized and efficient cross-border biobanking. This will result in the first pilot cross-border biobank of biological samples related to liver diseases.
- Fondazione Italiana Fegato – ONLUS
- Zavod Republike Slovenije za transfuzijsko medicino (ZTM)
- Università degli Studi di Trieste – Dipartimento Universitario Clinico di Scienze Mediche Chirurgiche e della Salute
- Azienda ULSS 3 Serenissima
- Univerza v Ljubljani, Medicinska fakulteta
- Experteam srl
- Agency for Medicinal Products and Medical Devices of the Republic of Slovenia
- Aut. Region FVG - Central Directorate for health, social policies and disability
- Republic of Slovenia, Ministry of Health
The activities will focus on the improvement of the management capacities of public authorities and key stakeholders in the biobank field by creating a harmonized and sustainable new cross-border system. The activities will promote the exchange of information and good practices in the cross-border area.